So I suck at spelling. I'm one of ~those~ people that just really never got the hang of word-ing. Definitely influenced by a family dyslexia disorder that no one really talks about, but wibbly switching words aside, I always check my spelling by saying the words out loud (....in my head....alright, you got me, I'm the crazy girl saying words out loud to herself). Some words are funner to check than others. Like saying 'piece' in an english accent to remember to check that the 'i' and 'e' are in the right place, because in Canadian (hah) it's said 'pee-ce', which is really confusing. Or another favourite word to say: Zoo-chi-nee, also known as zucchini.
As I had a bunch of market zucchini in my fridge, below is a recipe for:
Zucchini Muffins with Chia Seeds
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup margarine
2 medium zucchini, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375'. Oil a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Stir to combine.
- Combine eggs, oil and margarine in another bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 'liquid' ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add shredded zucchini to batter. Mix together.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into prepare muffin pan.
- Sprinkle chia seeds over top of muffins.
- Bake muffins for ~25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm with margarine and clover honey.
Haha. Anyways. Word-ing. Check.
The Half-Assed Hobbyist